Suppose you are selling Dog Treats on Facebook so you would like to get connected to people who owns a dog because they are the one likely to buy your products. So any effort for the audience who don’t have dogs is a waste of time and money.
More than 1.2 Billion people uses Facebook all around the world. It’s a personal space for people to get connected. Over exaggerating your product will always result in negative feedback from the customers or the user base you are targeting. Stick to the strong selling point of product instead of exaggerating on web. Show them your brand value and attract customers.
Staying authentic and original with your products will reward you in many ways such as:
- It gives users a better and professional impression of your company or product.
- Creates a good relationship with your customers.
- Better relevancy for ads.
- Loyal returning customers.
Just by staying authentic and original with your products display you can create a trusting and loyal customers.
How to create ideal customer persona for your business?
- Create a persona of your ideal customers. You can use Facebook Audience insights tool to target right.
Facebook Audience Insight tool offers to reach broad or extremely specific audiences across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, or through mobile apps with Audience Network.
If you want to know more about people who follow your Page, or people on Facebook more broadly, you can use Audience Insights to help you develop marketing messages that drive results. Understanding your audience’s interests and preferences can help you better tailor your message and creative.
- You can use Audience Insights to learn more about your customers in order to yield returns on a tailored marketing campaign.
- You can gain insight on your audience’s demographics, Page likes, city and language and as well as more Facebook activity such as comments, post likes, post shares, promotions redeemed, and ads they clicked on.
How to Define your Core Audience using Audience Insights?
Getting to know who your customers really are is a crucial step for a successful Facebook Ads campaign. With more than 1 billion daily active Facebook users, it’s absolutely critical that you target only those who are potentially interested in your product.
Building a Core Audience on Facebook lets you calibrate ad delivery around your choice of demographics, locations, interests, behaviors, and connections.
- Demographic targeting draws from information that people share publicly on Facebook about their education, political views, family/relationship status, life events, career, and more.
- Location targeting allows marketers to target ads by postal code, city, region, or country — or worldwide — and to deliver ads based on where people are, whether they live in a location, are new arrivals, or just visiting.
- Interest targeting focuses on consumer and lifestyle categories such as fitness, fashion, or hobbies.
- Connections targeting is based on audience engagement with your Facebook Page, Facebook Events, or app.
Location Based Audience
There are four different ways to define your audience based on location. You can adjust that your ads be delivered to
- Everyone in a location
- Locals: Only people who identify that location as their home
- New residents: Only people who recently updated their location
- Visitors: People who have checked into or been tagged in a place that isn’t their primary location.
A local store might target people who are residents or have recently moved to an area.. A restaurant or boutique, however, could advertise to everyone. Hotels can easily target the people who are visiting to the location. So You can target new people according to your location preferences.
You can also target users based on Geographic information like geographic area, country, city, or postal code. You can extend your reach to new potential users using this feature.
2. Demographic Audiences: When using Audience Insights you can define your ideal user by their age and gender.
Age – If you’re targeting an audience with a specified age range, you can easily reach them by telling Facebook who your ideal customers are.
Language — You can also use the language to target specific set of people who have opted that language to use the Facebook.
But you can get way more detailed. As an example, you’ll be able to target people by their political views, life events, job titles, ethnicity, and so on.
3. Interests and Behaviors:
Interests are one of the best (and easiest) Facebook ads targeting options as they allow you to target people specifically interested in a subject related to your product. To target based on interests, you can either browse the menu with hundreds of interests or simply type in one interest, so that Facebook will suggest to you other related topics.
The interests are based on Facebook users’ likes and interests, apps they use, Pages they’ve Liked, and more. Adding more than one interest will target people with at least one of them so you’ll make your reach broader.
Unlike precise Interests, Behaviors allow you to target people by purchase history, events they like, personal anniversaries, etc. This data is gathered by Facebook analyzing many factors and also using external data sets.
They are not always useful, but when they are they work great! As an example, you can target people currently traveling or planning their next trip ..Priceless if you’re in the hotel or event booking market. Check them out and see if they can work for your business.
Target By Device: Device usage is another important target able behavior. You can create ads to include or exclude people by desktop browser and operating system under Digital Activities, or by mobile device under Mobile Device User.
Tips For Mobile Device Targeting
Included in Facebook’s announcement are some basic tips to using mobile device targeting for mobile app ads:
- Don’t go too narrow with your audience: Facebook recommends having an estimated audience size of at least 500,000 users for each ad.
- Customize your ad to resonate with your audience: Facebook recommends using images of the device you’re targeting in your ad.
- Optimize your bid for each campaign: Create different ads with optimized bids for each device or groups of devices as competition may vary by device.
- Layer on complimentary targeting features: Use Custom Audiences and lookalikes to reach a large and relevant set of people.